attitude is everything
Our work is based on the principles of attitudinal healing, a non-traditional approach to mental health that develops resiliency by promoting self-awareness, mindfulness and compassion.
The Twelve Principles of Attitudinal Healing are:
1. The Essence Of Our Being Is Love
2. Health Is Inner Peace, Healing Is Letting Go Of Fear
3. Giving And Receiving Are The Same
4. We Can Let Go Of The Past And Of The Future
5. Now Is The Only Time There Is And Each Instant Is For Giving
6. We Can Learn To Love Ourselves And Others By Forgiving Rather Than Judging
7. We Can Become Love Finders Rather Than Fault-Finders
8. We Can Choose And Direct Ourselves To Be Peaceful Inside Regardless Of What Is Happening Outside
9. We Are Students And Teachers To Each Other
10. We Can Focus On The Whole Of Life Rather Than The Fragments
11. Since Love Is Eternal, Change Need Not Be Viewed As Fearful
12. We Can Always Perceive Others As Either Loving Or Fearful And Giving A Call Of Help For Love
We promote the understanding that we can choose peace over conflict and love over fear.
What we do
AHC builds healthy communities by breaking the cycle of violence.
How we do it
We provide platforms for creative expression and communication for children, youth, adults and families. Through our educational programs, workshops, events and healing circles, we cultivate skills in personal development, community leadership and the arts.